Welcome back and happy Friday, unfortunately for some, this means that after the weekend you have to go back to school. But, that also means you’ve made it. Congratulations, you have survived the school year, you have reached the last term. Now you can get excited because in just seven maybe eight weeks, SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!
Today’s post is not about that though, as you can see, it’s about being confident. Just to point out though, there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. It’s great when you feel that buzz because you look smoking, your hair is amazing and your make up is on fleek. You feel happy, don’t you? You begin to have a contageous smile because someone complimented you. It’s great.
Then you get the other days. When your hair doesn’t want to co-operate, your skin is having major breakouts. You look a little chubby but you go out anyway, and you see everyone around you, they look perfect don’t they. This is when your confidence drops.
I have some tips, advice and some motivation for you. I’m hoping that this will pick you up if you’re having bit of a down day. If you are on cloud nine, then girl, you better share that love with me 😉.
- Wear what the hell you want. Stuff the rules. “Fat people shouldn’t wear shorts”, “Skinny girls can’t wear that”. Erm, who makes that money? You do. Buy it, wear it and absolutely slay it! Girl your body shape doesn’t define what you should wear. Does it fit? Yes! Do you like it? Yes! Then wear it!
- Think positive. When has a negative thought ever done anyone good? It hasn’t. You need to remind yourself that you are beautiful, you are amazing and you can achieve anything you set your mind too. No-one else defines you, you are one in a million.
- Shopping spree. Go buy all the clothes you were told you wan’t wear because your body shape isn’t right for it. Go buy all the things you were scared to pick up just incase someone saw and said something mean. Buy them, go home and do your own catwalk in front of the mirror. Look how good you are, look at how wide your smile is.
- Focus on health rather then size. So what if you are a size 18. If you are still healthy, then why does that size matter. So you’re a size 6 and you don’t have a medical problem, no you don’t need to go put some more meat on your bones. You’re perfect the way you are.
- Get rid of those who bring you down. You don’t need to be anyone but you.
- You want extra fries, order them! You want to eat a salad, eat it! Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not.
- If you’re feeling low about yourself, compliment someone, maybe they are having a bad day, you could lift their mood and make them feel better.
- If you feel amazing (like you should) tell someone how much you love their bag, their shoes, their make-up, hair, outfit, anything! Its about time we lift eachother up instead of putting eachother down.
□ You’ve been criticizing yourself for years now and you still haven’t got anywhere, why not try accepting yourself and see what happens.
□ You don’t have to be pretty like her, you can be pretty like you.
□ Your body is not ruined, you are a goddamn tiger, who earned her stripes.
□ It takes less effort to be kind then it does to be mean.
□ Chin up, your crown is falling, don’t let it crash with someones negativity, that shit stains.
This is aimed at girls because I have a large girl based followers. If you would like a male version, let me know in the comments.
I would just like to say, thank you so much for always lifting me up, for supporting me and for being my biggest inspirations. You are all beautiful, kind-hearted gems and I love you all so much!
Also a huge thank you for 444 followers and over 21k views! I am beyond greatful.
Don’t forget to check out tonights vlog. I’ll see you all tomorrow.
Stay safe, stay happy and live life as an adventure.