Happy Wednesday, we are half way through the week, are you starting to feel the Friday buzz or are you still feeling the gloom from Monday? I am inbetween both, I am in such a postitive mood, but I also can’t wait for this week to be over with.
Next week is the biggest and scariest and I can not wait for it to be done and set aside. I’ll explain more on Sunday. For now, I wanted to share with you 20 things that I started doing that has changed the way I go about my day. If you do any of these I’d love to know. It’s great to try new things, so if any of these take your fancy, give it a try.
1. Drinking more water: I was terrible at not drinking, let alone drinking water. I could go hours without having a drink, but I now have set alarms on my phone to tell me when I need to have a drink of water. I try drinking a pint every hour, but that is a lot of water to consume, so it often varies between half a pint and a pint, depending on what I am doing.
I feel like drinking water has really helped me keep my energy up, I am no longer having 3-4 naps a day where I am just too tired, I feel my skin has benifited from it too. I am having less breakouts and my skin is less damaged. Obviously it could have a complete different affect on you, but it’s worth trying it out.
2. Eating breakfast: Eating proper food first thing has always been a no go for me, when I was at school I would skip breakfast, skip lunch and then pig out as soon as I got home. (No wonder I gained so much weight). Now, I wake up between 6:30 – 8am and have breakfast at 8:15. I usually have jam on toast with a cup of tea. I feel like this brings me more energy too. I am not sat rubbing a grumbling belly.
3. Eating fruit and veg: I have always been good at eating my fruit and veg, I am a huge lover of oranges and strawberries and for roast dinner I always ask for sweed and brussle sprouts. Instead of reaching for a chocolate bar or some biscuits, reach for a piece of fruit or veg. It does your body a lot more good.
4. Long walks: Going for a long walk in the evening is a perfect way to clear your head. If you’ve been stuck in a room for hours, getting some fresh air in your lungs is great. You also feel better for changing your scenery.
5. Reading: After neglecting it for so long, reading is a great way to cool off. Say you’ve just done some hard work, a way to take a break from that hard work is to pick up a book and submerge yourself into it. It’s never a bad thing to expand your knowledge either.
6. Going to bed earlier: Going to bed at 11 instead of 1 is a lot better. The earlier you go to bed, the more sleep you will get. Don’t go to bed at 11 and sit on your phone though, the light keeps you up later. What i do is go to bed at 10, lay there and read until about 10:45, then I shut everything off and close my eyes, that way I should be asleep by 11 if not just after.
7. Banish those negative thoughts about yourself: I wont go into this one too much because I feel all I bang on about is the love for yourself. But you truly are amazing, everyone has their flaws, and someone out there loves us for them. Keep that in mind next time you feel like putting yourself down. It doesn’t do anything for you.
8. Don’t dwell on the past: The past is in the past for a reason. Those cuts won’t heal if you keep ripping them open again. It’s okay to be upset or angry but don’t hold onto those emotions, you’ll just end up hurt. Let them go and learn from what has happened, you become so much stronger as a person.
9. Enjoy the little things in life: It’s not always about the huge mountains you climb, sometimes it’s what you find among the little rocks at the side. The small things can lead to greater happieness, just let yourself be more open to new things.
10. Do not judge or compare yourself: This sort of links back to 7, its all about your self love. That will always be your key to happiness and success. We each travel down different roads and thats okay because if we all looked the same or acted the same, the world would be a pretty dull place.
11. Try yoga: Don’t do it if you already tried and hated it. Try it for the experience. I can say I have tried, but will not continue to do it. It wasn’t peaceful for me, but for you, it could be.
12. Do not put things off: You know the things you keep pushing back, well they are still there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that ect. Why not do it, tick it off your list and know that you don’t have to do it again. You wont spend so much time stressing either.
13. Eat what you want: Do not let others tell you what you can and can not do. As long as you are healthy then why should it matter? Okay, so you’re not 100% happy with a little belly fat, not eating that donut will make it disappear. Eat the donut, savour the flavour and once it’s digested properly, go for a long walk, dance, run, do whatever exercise you like. Its the exercise that tones your body, not avoiding food.
14. Stretch daily: This doesn’t just get your blood flow going, but it also increase your flexability. It’s a good way to wake yourself up too.
15. Listen to music: Music is art, whether you listen to classical, pop or heavy metal, music is still art. It is a wonderful way of expressing yourself and your emotions. You should feel free to do so more often.
16. Tidy things: If you are one of those people who complain they can’t find anything, but have paper and other things scattered everywhere, I’m going to be honest, I would not be able to breathe. Tidy up a bit, get a filing stack or folders to keep paperwork together. You’re less likely to lose something if its actually put away.
17. Wear clothes that make you happy: This is what I do and honestly it disgusts most people. It’s wrong of me to love my body and feel confident in what I wear. Screw them! So you have no boobs, don’t let that stop you wearing a cute bralet, so you’re “fat“, go and put that crop top on and flaunt those sexy curves. Okay so you have a thigh gap, wear a skirt, flaunt those legs. You have thick thighs? Put those leggings on. No one should ever be able to tell you what to wear. Be you, be oustanding. Be orginal and make sure everyone is talking 😉.
18. Throw away things: You don’t need to keep the reciept in your bag, it was from 5 years ago, there is no way you’re getting your money back now. You have pictures of you and your ex from 2 years ago and you’ve both moved on and aren’t even friends, delete the pictures. If you’re not friends you don’t need them. Throw away the things that you don’t need, the things that will not make a difference if its there or not. (This can be applied to friends).
19. 110% effort: Never forget that all that effort you’re putting in now will pay off later. It may not show tomorrow, or next week or next month, but you’ll know when it does and it’s the most amazing feeling in the world.
20. Go outside: It’s a big world out there and you’ll never be able to explore if you’re sat in your room all day. Run, be free, explore the beauty that surrounds you.
These are just 20 ideas, I am sure there are many more. Each one will make some kind of impact for you.
I hope you enjoyed reading, as I said, let me know if you do any of these already, or what ones you might try.
Stay safe, stay happy and live life as an adventure,