Welcome back, I hope you have all had an amazing Wednesday, I know the weather hasn’t been too great, so I’m hoping my beach cover ups post which was uploaded this morning inspired you to do some shopping. If you missed it go check it out after you’ve read this post.
Todays post you have quite a treat. Yesterday Sophie from www.imazalfiefanatic.wordpress.com nominated me for an award, so I thought I would answer her questions in todays post, make sure you check out her blog and follow all her social media’s too (links will be at the end). Sophie asked some great questions, so let’s begin answering them.
- How many pets have you had and what were their names? – Honestly I have way too many to remember.
- Someone has a gun to your head and they’re about to shoot you, you have one phone call, and if they pick up, you’re safe. If they don’t then you get shot. Who are you calling? – Looks like I am getting shot because no-one answers when I call them.
- What is your biggest fear, and do you ever plan to overcome it? – My biggest fear is not being able to have kids, only time will help me overcome this one.
- What would your dream world be like? – First of all it will be made out of candyfloss, I don’t like candyfloss but I want it to be made from it. My dream world would be where everyone is accepted and you don’t have to live in fear. Be who you want to be and fuck what others think would be my law.
- Create an ice cream flavour and give it a name! What does it taste of and what colour is it? – AJ’s special. It would taste of prosecco and strawberries. So pink and I want mine to be glittery.
- What is one dream of yours that you never think you’ll achieve? – I don’t think I will ever be able to buy my own home. I think that is the only goal that is a little out of reach right now.
- And what is one dream of yours that you didn’t think you’d achieve, but that you have achieved or are in the process of achieving? (Wow! That sounds complicated!) – The way my blog is, I never thought I would be at the point where high class businesses are contacting me. I remember messaging brands myself but now I am at the point where they are coming to me and that is blooming amazing.
- What GCSE options did/are you taking, and what grades did you get/do you hope to get? (If you’re not from the UK, a different question is basically just what subjects did you take in high school!) – I took English, Maths, Science, Geography, Food technology and Leisure and Tourism. I can’t remember the grades though.
- Are you a heavy or light sleeper? – Just asked my mum and she said heavy, so I guess heavy lol.
- Would you prefer to be liked by many, but have false friends, or hated by everyone with only one true friend? – I have been in this situation before so from experience I am going to say have only one true friend, because honestly he is the only one that has my back.
- Tomorrow is the end of the world. What are you doing with your last day? – I will be throwing a huge party so I can be with my friends and my family. Or I will spend the day at the beach with the people who I couldn’t live without.
That this the end to Sophie’s questions so now lets move onto the Mocktails.
Classic Shirley Temple
- 1 cup (250 ml) lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) grenadine
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange juice
- Orange slice and maraschino cherry
- Fill tall glass with ice.
- Add lemon-lime soda, grenadine and orange juice.
- Stir until combined.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry on a cocktail stick.
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- Shake the orange juice and cranberry juice with ice.
- Pour into a highball glass using a strainer.
- Add ice to the juice, and then add the club soda.
- The Fizz can be garnished with an orange slice and maraschino cherry, or for a more tropical feel, toss in some halved strawberries, pineapple or kiwi chunks.
- Crushed ice
- 8 mint leaves
- 3 ounces lime juice
- 1-1/2 ounces sugar syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
- Fill a pint glass 1/3 full with ice, then add mint leaves.
- Lightly mash the leaves together with the liquid using a muddle stick or wooden pestle, being careful not to tear the leaves. Fill the glass with more ice, then add club soda. Garnish with mint or lime, and savour!
1 lemon for twists
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, chilled
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup seltzer (or more to taste)
- To make lemon twists for the garnish, use a vegetable peeler to remove strips of peel from the lemon, leaving as much white pith on the lemon as possible.
- In a pitcher, combine the ginger ale and pomegranate juice. Fill wine glasses with ice. Divide the liquid among the glasses, leaving room for seltzer. Pour the seltzer into each glass, to taste. Twist the peel and rub a strip on the edge of each glass. Drop the twist into the drink and serve.
There we go guys. Some of my favourite Mocktail recipes and some amazing questions from Sophie.
Tomorrow posts will be back to normal, so I will be back at 8pm with just one post, and lucky for you its a shopping haul. Yay! Try and control that excitement until tomorrow.
That’s it from me, I have nothing else to say so,
Stay safe, stay happy and live life as an adventure.
Sophie’s Instagram: lovesophblog_
My Instagram: imagalaxygirlblog
My twitter: galaxygirlblog
My snapchat: alannahollamby
SaintLondonxvi – IMAGALAXYGIRLBLOG for 20% off
Becca lashes – LASHSQUAD10 for 10% off
DarcyMaeUK – ALANNA10 for 10%
Missbella – ALANNAHOLLAMBY10 for 10% off