Sorry for no post last night, I had a very busy day yesterday, I kind of over did things so I just fell asleep. So today I am bringing you three posts! It is currently 10:05am so I need to get a move on for these posts to be up on time.
Last night I was meant to bring you a super yummy treat post, so I am bringing it to you now, with plently of time for you to start making it today. You’re welcome.
What you need:
- 1/2 x 900ml tub vanilla ice cream
- 12 large mint leaves
- green gel food colouring (optional)
- 100g (3 1/2oz) white, milk or dark chocolate chips
- 150g (5 1/4oz) white chocolate
- 1 x 300g pack rich shortie biscuits
- 50g (1 3/4oz) dark chocolate
1. Line a large freezerproof container with clingfilm.
2. Working quickly, spoon the ice cream into a food processor and tear the mint leaves over the top.
3. Blitz in bursts, to minimise melting, until the ice cream is smooth and the mint is finely chopped.
4. Stir in a little food colouring to get a pale green colour, if you like, then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the ice cream in the container, then freeze for 3-4 hours, until solid.
6. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
7. Dunk each biscuit halfway into the white chocolate. Put on a wire rack to set.
8. Melt the dark chocolate, drizzle over the biscuits then leave to set.
9. Using a teaspoon, scoop a ball of the ice cream onto one biscuit then place the other biscuit on top and press down, enabling the ice cream to ‘squidge’ to the edges.
10. Now enjoy before the ice cream melts.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. I have another one up at 5pm and then again at the usual 10pm time. I hope to see you all there.
Stay safe, stay happy and live life as an adventure.